Compensation: Annual salary is dependent on relevant qualifications and job experience. Employee will be enrolled with the Florida Retirement System, receive paid sick and annual leave, and have a 100% employer paid CHP health insurance package
Location: 22 Jefferson Street, Chattahoochee, FL 32324
Job Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Department: City Hall
Closing Date and Time: Monday, February 22, 2021 at 3:00 PM
Contact: Chattahoochee City Hall (850) 663-4046
This is a Department Director level position. The City Clerk is a highly responsible administrative position recording the actions and maintaining the official records of the City and recording actions of the City Council. The City Clerk has continuous public contact and exercises considerable independent judgment and makes decisions within the scope of designated responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Attends all City Council meetings and workshops and records all motions, votes, and actions. Prepares minutes of each meeting along with summary of action and ensures that necessary follow-up on action items is taken.
- Prepares and distributes agendas for the above-referenced meetings.
- Records/attests all ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and deeds. Administers oaths, accepts affidavits, and maintains municipal deeds, leases, agreements, and other records as required.
- Maintains custody of municipal records, including ordinances, resolutions, and contracts, and promulgates procedures for the orderly management, maintenance, retention, and destruction of said records in accordance with State law. Serves as the State Records Management Liaison Officer.
- Serves as qualifying officer for all municipal elections. Makes all arrangements for city elections, legal advertisements and dates of advertising, and directs location of precinct polling places and recruiting personnel. Directs the procurement of necessary forms and certifies the correctness of each voting machine, delivers registration books to precinct clerks.
- Administers the publication, maintenance and distribution of the Municipal Code of Ordinances and supplements thereto. Ensures the accuracy of this publication.
- Maintains custody of City’s official seal. Affixes seal on official documents as necessary.
- Prepares and administers the annual budget for City of Chattahoochee operations. Monitors expenditures for compliance with approved budget.
- Oversees purchasing and payroll activities for City Hall operations/employees.
- Provides for response to public records and informational requests received from the public, staff, other agencies and interested parties as provided by State Statute.
- Supervises and evaluates performance of City Hall staff.
- Prepares correspondence, proclamations, and resolutions as necessary.
- Provides support to the City Council, including correspondence, mail, telephone calls, emails, conference registration, hotel and travel arrangements.
- Provides notary services for City documents.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point. Proficiency in Microsoft Access preferred but not required. Demonstrated proficiency in Incode 10 or similar government software including Utility, Cash Receipting, Payroll, Accounting and Budget. Knowledge of Florida Statutes related to municipal government. Excellent written communication skills, ability to compose original material. Thorough knowledge of ordinances, policies and procedures of the City. Knowledge of legal requirements, rules and procedures for City Council meetings (including rules of order related to public meetings). Knowledge of the organization, function and activities of municipal government. Knowledge of local community issues. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other city officials, associates, and the general public. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and budgeting as applied to municipal government. Thorough knowledge of audit practices and internal control procedures. Ability to multi-task with ability to prioritize tasks. Ability to prepare, analyze, interpret, present complex statements and reports; ability to analyze and evaluate complex financial systems. Ability to communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing. Thorough knowledge of the principles underlying general laws and administrative policies governing municipal financial practices and procedures. Ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinates.
Minimum Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of related work experience in municipal government
- Five (5) years of experience in finance and budgeting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Florida Driver License
This is an administrative position involving generally sedentary work. Incumbent must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Incumbent must be able to work extended hours to attend evening City Council meetings and additional meetings as required. The incumbent must occasionally lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
ESSENTIAL WORK ENVIRONMENT/ADA REQUIREMENTS
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects; work requires sitting for extended periods of time; work requires reaching, manual dexterity, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the working environment is a standard business office environment; the employee is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Individuals wishing to apply for this position must turn in a completed resume and City of Chattahoochee employment application to the Chattahoochee City Hall, 22 Jefferson Street, Chattahoochee, FL 32324. The individual must fill out a complete application packet to be considered for hire and a resume will not substitute for the completed application packet. An application can be picked up at City Hall or can below. The City of Chattahoochee is a drug free workplace that prioritizes and is committed to continuously providing a workplace where equal employment opportunity is afforded to all people.